INJURY PREVENTION AND REHABILITATION
DAVID JENKINS BSc (Hons)
David has over 20 years experience working in professional sport as the head Therapist to various teams
In 2012 he devoted his time to establishing Sports Therapy Scotland Limited.
Aiming to provide the best possible treatments and education within the clinical environment, David is committed to lifelong personal development and learning.
In 2017 David ventured into the Film World as the Sports Therapist to Hollywood actor Chris Pine during the filming of the Netflix Production of ‘Outlaw King’ travelling to all 47 locations working with Chris and the rest of the cast daily.
Recent CPD Courses & Workshops
- First Option – Events Advanced Level training for Covid Supervisors 2021
- Screen Skills – Coronavirus basic awareness on production training (Updated) 2021
- First Option – Covid 19 Set Supervisor for productions 2020
- First Option – Managing COVID-19 Risks on Production 2020
- Screen Skills – Coronavirus basic awareness on production training 2020
- Safe Sets International – Covid-19 (Level A) Film & Video Production 2020
- FIDN Dry Needling Instructor 2019
- IASTM Instructor / Trainer 2018
- BFR Blood Flow Resistance Instructor / Trainer 2018
- FIDN Dry Needling Level 3 – 2016
- FIDN Dry Needling Levels 1 & 2 – 2015
- FMS Functional Movement Screen Level 1 and 2 Assessor 2013
- Heartstart UK Instructor 2012 (St Johns)
- Associate Member UKSCA – 2011
- Manual Handling Instructor – 2011
- IKFF Ketllebell Instructor Level 1+ level 2 – 2010
- BSc Hons SPORTS THERAPY (2:1) – University of Teesside 2009
- Examiner / Assessor – For Society Of Sports Therapists – 2007 – present
- Moderator – Degree Programme BSc Hons Sports Therapy – Various Universities – 2007- present
- Manual Therapy and Mobilisations for the Lower Limb –Education & RehabServices 2006
- Manual Therapy and Mobilisations for the Upper Limb– Education &RehabServices 2006
- Vertebral Mobilisations, Clinical Implications– Education &Rehab Services 2005
- Vertebral Mobilisations Introduction – Education & Rehab Services 2005
- Diploma Sports Therapy – Society of Sports Therapists. 2004
- Gym Instructor – Instructor / Assessor- Focus Training. 2004
- A1 / A2 Assessor– S.Q.A. 2004
- First Aid Instructor / First Aider – First Aid Services. 2003
- Introduction to exercise and Remedial Therapy–Society of Sports Therapists .2001
- S.D.A. Fitness Counsellor– 2001
- S.F.A.- “Coaching The Game”– S.F.A. 2001
- H.N.C. Unit in Fitness Testing and Assessment. – S.Q.A. 2000
- R.O.S.P.A. Manual Handling Instructor– R.O.S.P.A. 2000
- S.F.A. “ Goalkeeping” Certificate–S.F.A. 1999
- S.F.A. “D” Certificate– S.F.A. – 1995
- British Sports Trust / Sports Leaders UK – Sports LeadersTutor 1999
- Y.M.C.A. Exercise to Music Instructor– YMCA 1998
- Fitech Fitness Counsellor– FITECH 1997
- B.A.W.L.A. Weight Lifting Instructor– BAWLA 1996
- BOX –A-Cise Instructor- BOXACISE UK 1996
- S.A.S.A. Swimming Teacher– SASA 1995
- R.L.S.S. Pool Lifeguard– RLSS 1990 to PRESENT
- S.F.A. Referee- SFA 1995
- S.F.A. “E” Certificate– SFA 1995
- July 2004 – current, Owner – Sports Therapy Scotland Ltd.
- 2019 – Current Team Taylor including 2021 Las Vegas full fight camp support.
- January 2020 – current, Owner – Sports Therapy CBD Ltd.
- October 2018 – current, Owner – Education CPD Ltd.
- October 2018 – current, Sports Therapist “Outlander”
- August 2017 – December 2017 Sports Therapist looking after actor Chris Pine for Netflix Production ‘Outlaw King’
- June 2015 – May 2016 1st Team head Sports Therapist Albion Rover FC, SFL1, Part-Time
- June 2014 –December 2014 1st Team Head Sports Therapist Raith Rovers FC, Scottish Championship FL – Full-time
- August 2013 – current Dundee United FC Central Academy Head Sports Therapist.
- May 2012 – July 2012 Internship Queen Elizabeth National Spinal Injury Unit.
- 2011 – assist when necessary St Mirren (SPL)1st Team and Youth Development
- 2010 – 2013 Braehead Clan Elite Pro – Ice Hockey Team Head Sports Therapist
- 2007-2011 – Assist when necessary Dunfermline FC 1st Team (SPL, 1st Div SFL)
- 2006 – 2008 Stirling Albion FC Youth Development and 1sttTeam ( 1st Div SFL)
- July 2006 – November 2006 Falkirk FC 1st Team (SPL)
- 2004 -2005- East Stirlingshire FC 1st Team ( Div 3 SFL)
- 2001 – 2004 Linlithgow Rose FC (Junior Scotland Therapist)
- 1999-2004 Killin Mountain Rescue Team Volunteer
- 1999 – 2012 Sports Therapist to Scottish Prison Service National Football / Rugby / Athletics
Playing a pivotal role in successfully managing the day to day business
Yasmin has been with Sports Therapy Scotland as the Clinic Manager since 2017.
Playing a pivotal role in successfully managing the day to day business side as well as the Sports Therapy Scotland patient appointments and all our online accounts.
For our education courses, Yasmin co-ordinates all the logistics ensuring the smooth running of our courses throughout the UK.
View the latest courses run by Sports Therapy Scotland.
Sports Massage and Treatment
Elite Athlete & Sports Therapist joins the Sports Therapy team
As an Elite athlete competing at National level badminton Jordan Edgar has invaluable experience of being on & off the treatment table looking after his patients who include professional athletes, performers and fitness enthusiasts.
Jordan will be available for Sports massage and other treatments and can be booked by calling us on 0141 334 1223.
Jordan has weekly Saturday and evening appointment availability in our Glasgow Clinic.
We are all looking forward to working with Jordan!